Thursday, 22 June 2017

Sew n Sew

 Morning all, hope you all are enjoying this lovely weather. I can not believe where these weeks are going, I've had a migraine for the last two days, so last night I had A very early night,   but then about 11.30  I woke up with a jolt and remembered I hadn't scheduled my post, lol. It took me ages to do my post as the Internet kept going off and on, but hey I got there in the end.. For the next two weeks at  Cardz 4 Galz we have a new challenge for you and it's Sew and Sew  chosen by Caz, we would love to see your creations as always, so come on guys get your sewing stamps and dies out or anything else you have to do with sewing, we hope you will find inspiration from the DT to help you get started. I am not happy with my card, it took me ages to think what I can do and normally I love making sewing themed cards but I could not think of anything to make, I think it's this migraine,   I eventually used an  image from Flonz crafts called Vintage Retro which I stamped twice and paper pieced , I have had these stamps for years and this is the first time I have used them, now that's shocking eh..lol,  the Taylor's dummy and ruler were free with the card making magazine years ago, I have used a rectangle die which i seem to be using a lot just recently that's from The Works, buttons and the little flower are out of my craft box, handmade by stamp was a present from a friend.
                                                               
 
                                                                   

14 comments:

brenda said...

Sympathise with migraine Babs, had real stinkers for day's at a time all my adult life so know how debilitating they are. The heat doesn't help either, it's a bit cooler here this morning though and currently in the middle of a storm.

A super girly card, have that Flonz image and use her a lot.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A gorgeous card Babs and I love how you've coloured that beautiful lady. It's a great layout too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Joan said...

Lovely card Babs, love that flonzcraft lady

Joan

pam said...

Beautiful card Babs, bet you felt rough getting up to write a post.. think this heat is getting to us all.
Hugs Pam x

Emma Trenouth said...

Gorgeous card Babs. As a fellow migraine sufferer you have my sympathy, no fun, you did well to get up and set up this post. Hope you feel better today. Hugs Emmax

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Babs is your card sorry to read about the Migraine you have had for 2 days poor you it can't of been pleasant hopefully you are better now sending lots of love x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Babs! I love that you have incorporated the vintage elements from two different eras! LOOKS FABULOUS! It's details like the ones on your card which remind us of how far women have come, and that we still delight in our femininity! Your "fabric" background looks great! I feel as though I'm back in my childhood, waiting in the fabric store while my mom browses the pattern books and checks out fabrics. Lovely creation! xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous. You have made a fantastic job of it Babs. I love everything about it, especially the paper pieced ladies dress.
I do hope your migraines have ceased now. I use to get them in batches and had to take to my bed and was very sick with them.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

Ina G said...

Babs - this is perfect for our Sew and Sew Challenge. It show perfectly the era long gone. I can remember my sister wearing dresses just like the one on your card. How times have changed. Super classy card.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab design.xxx

Pollard Carole said...

So elegant this is a very pretty design Love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Babs, I love all of the sewing theme stampes you used and that paper pieced dress is stunning!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

I mean sewing theme stamps... not stampes :)

S. Thomas said...

Oh how nice!!! Love the vintage look and feel!!!