Saturday, 15 July 2017

Thinking of You

morning all, last Weekend hubby and I had such an amazing weekend as our son got married near Louth not far from Lincoln, as that's where his lovely wife comes from. There actual wedding took place in Tattershall Castle what a beautiful place it is, they were brave enough to climb  all the steps to the top of the castle to have some of there wedding photo's taken, not me I don't have a good head for heights these days lol.  Now it's time for a new challenge over at Sparkles Monthly this month Cathy has chosen to go with Sympathy or Thinking of You. I have gone with Thinking of you and used a beautiful embossing folder from darcie not sure what they call it as it just came in a clear pkt and was a birthday gift from a friend. Oval and scalloped edge Die's  are from Tonic,  I inked a bit of the white oval shape with Shabby Shutters then stamped  a bit of Sky of fields . Then I die cut the beautiful Ragged Daisy in white then coloured the stem and leaves with Shabby Shutters distress ink , the petals  I did the same but I used Spun Sugar distress ink. I added a few sequins to finish off. I used a piece of waste card  I cut from stitched edges to stamp my sentiment on and coloured it with Shabby Shutters distress ink pad , the little flower I found in my craft box. We hope you will join in the fun with us at Sparkles Monthly as always we look forward to seeing your creation, pop over to the blog and see all the beautiful projects my teamies have made, I am sure you will find plenty of inspiration there.
                                                                 

11 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is such a beautiful card Babs and I love the subtle touches of colour that you've added. It was lovely to read about your Son's Wedding and I'm pleased to hear that you all had a such lovely day. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So gorgeous Babs. Glad your son's Wedding went off okay.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats to your Son & his new wife :)
Hugs
Wendy xx

Basslady said...

love the coloured die cut, teamie!

Hugs and Kisses from Germany
Silvi xoxo

Emma Trenouth said...

What a beautiful card and design. Congratulations to your son and now DIL, sounds like a beautiful place to have the wedding. Hope your head is behaving and no migraines now. Hugs Emmax

Sue - said...

What a pretty card! Glad you had such a good time at the wedding. Do we get to see any pics?

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations to your Son and new DIL-beautiful die-cut flower and great embossed background
Carol x

Natalia Smith said...

Such a gorgeous card and pretty flower design.
Congratulations to your son and your new DIL! xx

Donna Ellis said...

Delicate and Lovely, Babs - such a beautifully peaceful creation - I especially like your choice of soft colors, and that gorgeously dry embossed background!

Barb said...

It sounds like a beautiful venue for a wedding Babs and now they've been married for a week already.
Your card is really beautiful. The embossing folder is lovely and I like the way you've decoupaged the flower. Barbxx

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Babs, such a fabulous embossed background and beautiful flower.
Congratulations to your son and his new wife - it sounds like a fabulous location for a wedding.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x